Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Anatomy...

...of my creative process on a given day. Last week sitting at my work/play table. Blank. No specific idea. Messy table. Chaos, usual. Little metal rings staring at me. Filled three of them, didn't pursue further. What to do with those? A pendant, a pin?
Anatomie... de mon processus de création la semaine dernière. Assise à ma table de travail. Rien. Aucune idée spécifique. Désordre, chaos, c'est comme ça. Petites rondelles de métal qui attendent. J'en avais rempli trois sans aller plus loin. Quoi faire avec? Un pendentif, une broche?



Hmmm... not sure. Baked them. Liked the idea of punching holes though. Ahhhh tiles with holes punched in. OK I am going to try. Made some tiles (a creative/comfort zone for me). Baked the tiles; placed them on a base; raised them for an extra dimension.
Ouais... pas sure. Hop au four quand même. L'idée de faire des trous retient mon attention. J'essaie avec des tuiles (une zone de création/confort pour moi). Fait cuire les tuiles, les ai surélevées sur une base pour ajouter une dimension.



The sheet with cutouts left on my work table. Why not? It could be interesting maybe. Played around; enjoyed it. Voilà! It kept me busy for a few days. Will I push this idea further? Who knows!!!
La plaque avec les découpes demeure sur mon plan de travail. Pourquoi pas? Ce serait peut-être intéressant. Je me suis amusée. Voilà! Tout ça a retenu mon attention durant plusieurs jours. Est-ce que j'irai plus loin? Qui sait!!



The metal rings are still there waiting...
Les petites rondelles de métal attendent encore...

3 comments:

Louise said...

J'adore découvrir , un peu plus à chaque fois quelque chose sur ton procédé créatif.

Marlene Brady said...

I am very inspired by your work! I have just started with large mosaics, but with beading incorporated. I follow you by Google Reader and enjoy your blog very much. Thanks for sharing your thought process and work. Much appreciated. - Marlene

Violette Laporte said...

Thank you for that Marlene. Et merci Louise!! :-))

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails